Augmented reality is a powerful technology that is proving itself as one of the best tools to be used in our daily lives. Right from the social media filters to augmented complex surgical procedures, AR technology is growing and finding applications in almost every area. It brings virtual reality into the real world, which ultimately renders an exceptional experience of things we see, hear, and feel.
There is a never-ending scope for augmented reality in this ever-evolving tech world, which you can experience by exploring the best AR apps. AR apps have become a growing trend that keeps on expanding and enhancing the virtual view by offering a composite view to the real-world aspects.
Why Do We Need Augmented Reality?
The answer to why we need augmented reality is simple. The world is constantly changing. Our lives are becoming more complex. Everything we do today is getting more and more complex. So to make our lives easier and tackle the complexity coming up, augmented reality is a must.
We start counting and we’ll find way too many augmented reality uses. It makes all the sense why companies have begun using the technology. Today, we’re getting games and other augmented reality applications and that is trending to a great extent.
Best Augmented Reality Apps for Android and iOS
So in case you’re wondering which are the best augmented reality apps today, we’ve rounded up a list of the top 15 AR apps today:
Interior Designing Ideas You’ll Love
One of the stands out platforms when it comes to designing and improving homes, Houzz is easily ranked as one of the top augmented reality apps because of its exciting features and ease of use. Whether you want to re-design, build or decorate for any occasion, the app has it all for you. The best part, you get to choose a location or style as per your preference.
With more than 20 million styles to select from, Houzz could be your go-to choice when it comes to designing your home. For users more accustomed to using the website, the app works pretty comfortably just like the website with menus and user interface of the whole app very convenient to use. It gives the app a natural feel to it and makes it one of the best augmented reality apps. Users will find many swipe options to shuffle between different options in the app.
Striking Features of Houzz augmented reality app:
- Sketch feature to draw directly on photos.
- 2.5 million professionals to connect on the app to design your home.
- An option to hire or collaborate with professionals for your home project.
- You can search for products or furniture for your interiors directly on the app.
2. Sun Surveyor
The AR Camera App for Photographers
Are you a photographer or a filmmaker? Then you understand the value of a perfect shot. Easier said than done, getting the perfect natural light isn’t easy. But with Sun Surveyor, one of the best augmented reality apps, photographers can search for the best location, play accordingly and get the best shot.
The app offers a live camera view with an interactive map, 3D compass and details like never before to know the natural light source in the galaxy, even the moon, and milky way. Even the most knowledgeable of solar experts would find a whole lot of features in the app for them to use.
Striking features of the Sun Surveyor augmented reality app:
- The app features AR projections of the sun and moon so that you can tell where the sun or moon would be at a particular location in the sky at that time.
- Predict the sunset and the moonrise.
- No internet? No problem. You can use the app offline as well, making it one of the finest augmented reality apps for android
- Users get to create images of summer solstice paths.
Free Language Courses in 33 Languages
Amongst the augmented reality apps for education that combine augmented reality with learning, Mondly offers language learning in 33 different languages with chatbots to help you learn a language quicker.
Rated highly by users around the world, this augmented reality app uses your phone’s camera to scan and show animations of the words you’re learning. Users get the benefit of learning any language in combination with the other.
Striking features of Mondly augmented reality app:
- The app is highly interactive when it comes to using it.
- Chatbots provide a whole different feeling of learning.
- You can interact with the animations and even move them around, getting a 360 degree view.
- 33 different languages are available.
4. Stack AR
The AR Arcade Game From Ketchapp
An app that soon became popular after its launch and turned into one of the top Augmented Reality apps, Stack AR is a fun game with a real physical feel to it. The play of the game is simple, coloured blocks move to and fro and all you have to do is to form a tower by tapping on each block at the right time.
The inclusion of Augmented Reality makes it even better as blocks fall anywhere on the floor due to wrong taps and cast a shadow that seems very real. It is one of those iPhone augmented reality apps that became number one on the apple chart soon after its launch.
Striking features of Stack AR Augmented Reality App:
- Shadow cast gives a real physical feel to it.
- Graphics are simple and great, making it one of the best augmented reality apps for the iPhone.
- The app has a very easy user experience.
Download this top augmented reality app for iOS
5. Pokemon Go
Uncover the AR World of Pokemons
The list of the best augmented reality apps wouldn’t be completed without adding Pokemon Go. It’s an amazing AR game that effectively and quickly captured everyone’s attention and encouraged them to see the gaming world in an enhanced and augmented way.
With its stunning features and functionalities, the Pokemon Go app instantly gained popularity on the app stores and generated huge revenue.
Striking Features of Pokemon Go Augmented Reality App:
- PVP Trainer Battles;
- Dynamic Weather and Pokemon Spawns;
- New Pokemon Generations and Shiny Pokemon
- Team matches, and more.
2D/3D floor plans & AR measurement
Making floor plans might be a simple task for the architects and professional map makers, but it’s never been easier for everyone. Magicplan is easily amongst the top augmented reality apps for Android and iOS that make it easier to design and measure floor plans for all users. They can now download this app to measure the areas and make floor plans exactly like experts
This app is specially introduced to help contractors and interior designers. Now they can attach the application with their measuring tools to come out with effective designing and floor plans.
Striking Features of Magicplan Augmented Reality App:
- Users can use the camera to create floor plans;
- Allows you to add photos and related notes;
- Provides statistics automatically for surroundings, surfaces, and distances easily rewarding it as one of the best augmented reality apps;
- Conducts surveys by providing customized questionnaires and more.
7. AR GPS Compass Map 3D
The AR 3D Compass App To Guide You
Get accurate guidance on the routes from your current location with this augmented reality compass. Best listed among the top augmented reality apps, AR GPS Compass Map 3D lets you select where you want to start and end the route.
You’ll find it quite simple to use, like the heads-up display guides you to search for the destination by making sure that you’re not lost anywhere in the middle.
Striking Features of GPS Compass Map 3D AR App:
- Helps locate landmarks;
- Excellent precision and map stability;
- Integrated with a split-screen map feature to adjust the size with different GPS locations;
- It provides a 3D augmented reality display and more.
Download this top AR app for Android
Try Tattoo Designs with Ease
Getting inked with different body parts has become a fashion among youth, which also encourages them to make temporary tattoos. Generally, we can’t temporarily ink ourselves with an inkjet printer; thus, no worries we’ve got INKHUNTER for you. It’s one of the best AR apps for Android and iOS that can be used by users to get a tattoo in augmented reality.
To use this app’s features, you have to simply put a point anywhere on your body using a ballpen and project a tattoo design that you want to have, making the whole process simple and edging it as one of the best augmented reality apps.
Striking Features of the INKHUNTER AR App:
- A gallery of mesmerizing designs ;
- Allows the user to check out the tattoo from different angles;
- Developed with an advanced photo editor, which makes it quite easy to make the tattoo design look real.
- Quick share option for users to distribute their tattoo creation with friends and more.
9. Sketch AR
Learn How To Draw With AR
Want to know how to draw with augmented reality? SketchAR is the right tool for you then. It’s a robustly built augmented reality app that uses your phone’s camera to guide you to draw realistic sketches. You only need to follow the instructions to get what you want.
Striking Features of Sketch AR Augmented Reality Application:
- Put virtual images on a plane’s surface to let users trace sketching;
- Integrated with SketchAR Markerless CV-tracking;
- Provides a bright environment to draw effective and well-sketched designs;
- Option to create a time-lapse of the work and more.
10. Google Translate
Quick Translation in 103 Languages
Google Translate is one of the most useful augmented reality apps which has been widely used among users to translate different languages. Unlike the standard version of Google Translate, which only focuses on converting text, this augmented reality app can translate the text into an image from one language to another.
You only need to open this app, capture the text, and wait for the translation results. The converted text allows you to read packaging details, different signs, and even memes if needed.
Striking Features Google Translate Augmented Reality App:
- Translate in about 103 languages;
- Offline translation facility for approx 59 languages take it amongst the best augmented reality apps;
- Integrated with conversation mode for two-way instant speech translation;
- Handwriting translation options and more.
Holograms for Videos in AR
Shortly after its launch, Holo ranked amongst the top augmented reality apps and became the best alternative for creating videos by adding characters from both the real and the fictional world. With Holo, an augmented reality app, users can place animated 3D models on your surroundings using augmented reality.
Striking Features of Holo Augmented Technology App:
- Allows the addition of holograms;
- Holograms include celebrities, musicians, comedians, etc.
- Allows the user to adjust the hologram by resizing, rotating and moving;
- Option to save Holo photos and videos.
12. Ingress Prime
The World Around You in AR
Another augmented reality game that stands apart, Ingress Prime uses your location data to create a whole game set in AR. The game is rated highly and creates a scene where unknown matters from an unknown origin are taking over the world all around you and you have to find the right tools to take over that power.
Striking Features of Ingress Prime Augmented Technology App:
- Amazing graphics that attract users.
- Moves like a story.
- The game can be played in a group.
Relive the AR experience through Your Camera
An app that turns your camera into an AR weapon, Onirix provides users with AR content along with 3D, audio and video content. For those enthusiastic about AR, this augmented reality app allows them to create their own content using the Onirix studio and share it with the world. The app is one of its kind with a huge fan base.
Striking features of the Onirix AR app:
- It allows users to see diverse types of content.
- Users get to create their own AR content with ease.
- New scene tracking feature for a better experience.
14. Just a Line
Drawing the World with AR
Just a Line is an excellent alternative to the free-hand drawing, which gives users the liberty to draw augmented reality doodles within three-dimensional surroundings of their mobile device screen.
Amongst the best augmented reality apps, Just a Line is fun as it allows users to calibrate the phone’s space with just a tap. All you need to do is hold the finger anywhere on the screen and draw a line with a free hand to augment any of the clicked pictures.
Striking Features of Just a Line AR app:
- Lets you make simple drawings with augmented reality;
- Helps users create and share doodle videos with friends;
- Compatible with all AR-enabled devices;
- Allow users to draw and record doodles and more.
The 3D Colouring You’ll Fall For
Quiver is also one of the fun augmented reality apps for Android and iOS. This is a three-dimensional coloring app that turns colored pictures into appealing animated figures. For users, it’s a fun tool that allows them to convert their images into cartoon characters, animal structures, and many more.
Striking Features of Quiver augmented technology app:
- Combines physical coloring to bring an extraordinarily magical experience to the images;
- Integrated with AR educational pages including quiz tests;
- Built with an enhanced zoom functionality;
- Availability of a variety of sound effects and more.
The emerging technology of Augmented reality has been used in multiple ways in the app world, and its use is still growing at a rapid pace. The scope of augmented reality is never-ending, and it is constantly empowering top augmented reality companies to find new ideas to implement in exceptional ways.
If you have suggestions for more interesting apps based on augmented technology, let us know below in the comment section.
Vikram is an experienced wunderkind, who embraced technology at a very early age, and today he is at the helm of it. Mobile apps are something that excites him the most, and now he is up to give this vertical the best shot. He routinely catches up with the new apps and comes up with the top apps that can excite you to the core.
Original post: Source link